I’m based in rural West Dorset.
After years of throwing clay pots,weaving cane and rush, and working with silver, wool and textiles, I discovered willow.
I then learnt and used traditional basket making skills.
Inspired by the work of several renowned willow artists, I wanted to explore a more spontaneous and sculptural use of this wonderfully weave-able and perfectly sustainable material. I use varieties of willow from local hedgerows and from the Somerset Levels.
I have found great enjoyment creating my recent, often quirky, sculptures.
I exhibit several times a year and take regular commissions for willow sculptures.
- May 2011 Bridport Open Studios, Dorset
- May 2012 Dorset Arts Weeks
- June 2013 Cattistock Open Gardens Festival, Dorset
- August 2013 Bridport Open Studios, Dorset
- April 2014 Eype Centre for the Arts, Dorset
- May 2014 Dorset Arts Weeks
- July 2014 Bradford on Avon Sculpture Garden
- May 2015 Delamore Arts Exhibition, Devon
- July 2015 Bradford on Avon Sculpture Garden
Contact Liz Walsh on email@example.com